SARATOGA, Wis. - A decision is expected on whether a proposed mega dairy farm can build in southern Wood County.
A judge could issue a ruling Thursday on whether to order the building inspector in Saratoga to issue building permits for Golden Sands Dairy. The Wysocki family filed a civil lawsuit asking the judge to issue the permits. The family said it applied for the permits before the town placed a moratorium on new construction.
The Wysocki family wants to develop a farm with 7,000 acres and 5,300 animals near Wisconsin Rapids.
The town of Saratoga said the Wysockis didn't submit all the necessary paperwork before the moratorium started. The Wysocki's company said it met all requirements.
The Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune says Judge Thomas Eagon is expected to issue the ruling.
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl