ANTIGO, Wis. - Authorities in Langlade County are puzzled by a snowmobiler's death.
The body of 55-year old Robert Ottman of Rhinelander was found Saturday alongside his snowmobile at the end of a peninsula at Otter Lake near Elcho.
Chief Sheriff's Deputy John Schunke told the Antigo Daily Journal there was no crash and that Ottman was alive when his snowmobile got to the end of the land.
The snowmobile was stopped not far from some homes. Authorities have not been able to find Ottman's helmet.
Ottman reportedly had planned to take a short ride on his snowmobile Friday. County Coroner Larry Shadick said there are indications Ottman may have died of exposure, but there may be other factors.
An autopsy was being conducted Monday. Officials stress that there was no foul play.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street