ANTIGO, Wis. - Authorities in Langlade County are puzzled by a snowmobiler's death.
The body of 55-year old Robert Ottman of Rhinelander was found Saturday alongside his snowmobile at the end of a peninsula at Otter Lake near Elcho.
Chief Sheriff's Deputy John Schunke told the Antigo Daily Journal there was no crash and that Ottman was alive when his snowmobile got to the end of the land.
The snowmobile was stopped not far from some homes. Authorities have not been able to find Ottman's helmet.
Ottman reportedly had planned to take a short ride on his snowmobile Friday. County Coroner Larry Shadick said there are indications Ottman may have died of exposure, but there may be other factors.
An autopsy was being conducted Monday. Officials stress that there was no foul play.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes