WAUSAU, Wis. - Marathon County sheriff's officials say they're investigating the death of a man who was snowshoeing in Rib Mountain State Park.
Authorities said two people snowshoeing in the park Tuesday found the man's body about 7 p.m. near the west end of the park. The 49-year-old man was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
WAOW-TV reported officials don't know how the man died, but don't suspect foul play.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out