WAUSAU, Wis. - Marathon County sheriff's officials say they're investigating the death of a man who was snowshoeing in Rib Mountain State Park.
Authorities said two people snowshoeing in the park Tuesday found the man's body about 7 p.m. near the west end of the park. The 49-year-old man was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
WAOW-TV reported officials don't know how the man died, but don't suspect foul play.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say