MADISON, Wis. - Fans at Camp Randall will notice improved Internet access when they visit the football stadium this fall.
The University of Wisconsin and AT&T are installing a high density Wi-Fi network in the stands, suites, clubs, ticketing, media and concession stand areas. There will be 750 access points.
The increased connectivity will also include additional content for football fans.
"We want Badger football fans to have a memorable experience in our venue and this project will go a long way toward assisting us," Director of Athletics Barry Alvarez said in a release.
The deal also includes Internet Protocol television (IPTV) which will provide customized video to monitors throughout the stadium and create interactive opportunities to engage fans.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls