MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin wildlife officials are reminding turkey hunters the deadline for applying for a spring permit is quickly approaching.
Hunters have until the close of business on Dec. 10 to enter a drawing for permits held in late January or early February.
Permit winners can start buying their licenses on March 6. Any permits leftover after the drawing will go on sale for the general public later that month.
Spring turkey hunting begins on April 6 with a youth hunt. The regular season starts on April 10 and consists of six seven-day periods that end on May 21.
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm