MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin wildlife officials are reminding turkey hunters the deadline for applying for a spring permit is quickly approaching.
Hunters have until the close of business on Dec. 10 to enter a drawing for permits held in late January or early February.
Permit winners can start buying their licenses on March 6. Any permits leftover after the drawing will go on sale for the general public later that month.
Spring turkey hunting begins on April 6 with a youth hunt. The regular season starts on April 10 and consists of six seven-day periods that end on May 21.
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads