WINONA, Minn. - Winona police are investigating the death of a person found in the storage compartment of a rented recreational vehicle.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Office says a group rented an RV from a private business in the City of Anoka. While traveling south, they pulled off the freeway in the City of Winona shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday to try to figure out where an odor was coming from. That's when they found a body in a storage compartment of the RV accessible only from the outside, according to the Sherriff's Office.
The body has been taken to Mayo Clinic for an autopsy and formal identification, according to Winona police. At this time, the cause of death is not known.
The Winona Police Department is investigating this incident with the help of the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the Anoka County Sheriff's Office.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire