WINONA, Minn. - Winona police are investigating the death of a person found in the storage compartment of a rented recreational vehicle.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Office says a group rented an RV from a private business in the City of Anoka. While traveling south, they pulled off the freeway in the City of Winona shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday to try to figure out where an odor was coming from. That's when they found a body in a storage compartment of the RV accessible only from the outside, according to the Sherriff's Office.
The body has been taken to Mayo Clinic for an autopsy and formal identification, according to Winona police. At this time, the cause of death is not known.
The Winona Police Department is investigating this incident with the help of the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the Anoka County Sheriff's Office.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land