MADISON, Wis. - Utility work that was scheduled for last week has been postponed, and West Dayton Street will now be closed this week, city of Madison officials said.
Excavating work was postponed in the 400 block of West Dayton Street due to inclement weather, according to a release.
Crews will now close the 400 block of West Dayton Street between North Bassett and North Broom streets starting Monday, officials said. The road will be closed to through-traffic from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through Thursday.
Local access to residences on the 400 block of West Dayton Street will be maintained at all times, according to the release. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the 400 block of West Dayton Street and to all residences at all times during the closure.
Officials encourage motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes during the closure.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land