MADISON, Wis - Daily lane closures on southbound Verona Road at the Beltline interchange are scheduled this week, according to a Wisconsin Department of Transportation release.
The closures are scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., officials said. Drivers can expect the planned lane closures to start on Monday and end on Friday.
Two lanes of southbound Verona Road will remain open, according to the release.
Officials expect delays and backups in the area. Drivers are advised to use the signed alternate route of Highway 14 and County Road M to access Verona Road.
Crews will start repairing damage to a beam of the Beltline bridge over Verona Road that was hit on April 9, according to the release. The bridge is still safe for traffic traveling on the Beltline and Verona Road, but the outside shoulder of the westbound Beltline at the interchange will be closed long term due to the incident.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes