MADISON, Wis - Daily lane closures on southbound Verona Road at the Beltline interchange are scheduled this week, according to a Wisconsin Department of Transportation release.
The closures are scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., officials said. Drivers can expect the planned lane closures to start on Monday and end on Friday.
Two lanes of southbound Verona Road will remain open, according to the release.
Officials expect delays and backups in the area. Drivers are advised to use the signed alternate route of Highway 14 and County Road M to access Verona Road.
Crews will start repairing damage to a beam of the Beltline bridge over Verona Road that was hit on April 9, according to the release. The bridge is still safe for traffic traveling on the Beltline and Verona Road, but the outside shoulder of the westbound Beltline at the interchange will be closed long term due to the incident.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash