TOWN OF WILLOW SPRINGS, Wis. - The Lafayette County Sheriff's Department said a rollover accident early Friday morning killed a 33-year-old Darlington man.
The incident happened about 3 miles north of Darlington on County Highway F near Furnace Hill Road in the town of Willow Springs.
According to the sheriff's department, a preliminary investigation shows the SUV driven by Jay Schwartz was going southbound towards Darlington when the Schwartz went off the right side of the road, then over corrected. Schwartz over corrected again, and rolled over on the right hand side of the road.
Schwartz wasn't wearing a seat belt when the accident happened, according to the sheriff's department.
This is the third traffic fatality in Lafayette County in 2013.21916954
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry