MADISON, Wis. - Snowmobile trails in Dane County were opened Monday.
As of 2 p.m. Monday, all Dane County snowmobile trails are open, according to the Dane County Parks Division.
Snowmobilers are urged to use caution due to potentially icy conditions and unfrozen areas below the snow.
Snowmobilers are also reminded that they must stay on the trails and respect the property of private landowners who have given permission for the trail to cross their land. Snowmobilers are only allowed within the designated trail corridors, according to Darren Marsh, parks director for Dane County.
Meanwhile, county staff were out plowing parking areas and access to cross-country ski trails Monday and began grooming ski trails on Tuesday morning.
For trail grooming locations and the latest trail conditions, people can call the county's 24/7 Trails Information line at 608-242-4576 or visit this website: www.countyofdane.com/lwrd/parks/.
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime
- Oakcrest Tavern robbed at gunpoint at closing time, PD says
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park