MADISON, Wis. - Snowmobile trails in Dane County were opened Monday.
As of 2 p.m. Monday, all Dane County snowmobile trails are open, according to the Dane County Parks Division.
Snowmobilers are urged to use caution due to potentially icy conditions and unfrozen areas below the snow.
Snowmobilers are also reminded that they must stay on the trails and respect the property of private landowners who have given permission for the trail to cross their land. Snowmobilers are only allowed within the designated trail corridors, according to Darren Marsh, parks director for Dane County.
Meanwhile, county staff were out plowing parking areas and access to cross-country ski trails Monday and began grooming ski trails on Tuesday morning.
For trail grooming locations and the latest trail conditions, people can call the county's 24/7 Trails Information line at 608-242-4576 or visit this website: www.countyofdane.com/lwrd/parks/.
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids