MADISON, Wis. - Slow no wake orders have been expanded to two more lakes in Dane County, according to a release from the County Executive's Office.
The orders will be expanded to Kegonsa and Crystal lakes. According to the release the orders are in effect for the entire surface of the lakes.
According to the release, the orders are being expanded due to recent heavy rains and the potential for additional rainfall in the next few days.
Under the orders, boats must move a slow as possible while still maintaining steering control. Violators may be subject to citations by the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The order for Lake Kegnosa is in effect until the Fourth of July. The order for Crystal Lake is in effect indefinitely.
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle