MADISON, Wis. - Slow no wake orders have been expanded to two more lakes in Dane County, according to a release from the County Executive's Office.
The orders will be expanded to Kegonsa and Crystal lakes. According to the release the orders are in effect for the entire surface of the lakes.
According to the release, the orders are being expanded due to recent heavy rains and the potential for additional rainfall in the next few days.
Under the orders, boats must move a slow as possible while still maintaining steering control. Violators may be subject to citations by the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The order for Lake Kegnosa is in effect until the Fourth of July. The order for Crystal Lake is in effect indefinitely.
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving