MADISON, Wis. - Dane County's sheriff met with Vice President Joe Biden Friday to take part in a nationwide conversation about immigration.
Sheriff David Mahoney and 15 other police officials from across the country met with Biden in Washington, D.C., to talk about issues ranging from strengthening U.S. borders to new enforcement technology, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Department statement.
Officials held a 90-minute meeting and also discussed the need to address individuals within the country that are seeking citizenship, the statement said.
According to the statement, Mahoney said he felt confident Biden would consider his recommendations as federal officials continue to address immigration across the country.
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern