MADISON, Wis. - Dane County's sheriff met with Vice President Joe Biden Friday to take part in a nationwide conversation about immigration.
Sheriff David Mahoney and 15 other police officials from across the country met with Biden in Washington, D.C., to talk about issues ranging from strengthening U.S. borders to new enforcement technology, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Department statement.
Officials held a 90-minute meeting and also discussed the need to address individuals within the country that are seeking citizenship, the statement said.
According to the statement, Mahoney said he felt confident Biden would consider his recommendations as federal officials continue to address immigration across the country.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend