MADISON, Wis. - Dane County Regional Airport is poised to undergo a multimillion-dollar parking expansion.
The $20 million renovation will prepare the airport to handle more passenger traffic, and help the airport maintain its position as an important contributor to the region's economic development, said Dane County Executive Joe Parisi.
The first phase of the project, anticipated to begin this spring, will add three additional floors onto the airport's existing covered parking ramp, resulting in more than 1,500 new spaces.
The extra spaces will be ready for use by the end of the year. Spots will remain available in the covered ramp throughout construction.
The Dane County Region Airport also announced that it will now provide free WIFI to patrons.
"This upgrade meets a critical need that has been expressed by our passengers and visitors in the past, further enhancing the traveler experience at the Dane County Regional Airport " said Parisi.
The money for the expansion comes from the 2014 county budget allocation of $35 million.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash