FITCHBURG, Wis. - A handful of Dane County cities are planning to come together to share economic success stories and advice at an upcoming meeting this month.
The Dane County Committee of Public Affairs invited village officials from Cottage Grove, McFarland, Mount Horeb, Oregon, Dunn and Verona to an open meeting Jan. 30. The meeting will focus on economic growth strategies and development challenges facing the cities, according to a DCCPA statement.
DCCPA Vice President Rick Rameschatis said an earlier meeting was held for Dane County's northern cities, during which participants gave presentations and held a panel discussion on what challenges each township has recently tackled.
He added the meeting received positive feedback, and participants requested that similar meetings take place more frequently.
DCCPA's upcoming meeting will be held at the Fitchburg City Council chambers.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says