FITCHBURG, Wis. - A handful of Dane County cities are planning to come together to share economic success stories and advice at an upcoming meeting this month.
The Dane County Committee of Public Affairs invited village officials from Cottage Grove, McFarland, Mount Horeb, Oregon, Dunn and Verona to an open meeting Jan. 30. The meeting will focus on economic growth strategies and development challenges facing the cities, according to a DCCPA statement.
DCCPA Vice President Rick Rameschatis said an earlier meeting was held for Dane County's northern cities, during which participants gave presentations and held a panel discussion on what challenges each township has recently tackled.
He added the meeting received positive feedback, and participants requested that similar meetings take place more frequently.
DCCPA's upcoming meeting will be held at the Fitchburg City Council chambers.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash