MADISON, Wis. - An inmate in the Dane County Jail has been declared absent without leave.
Gary Brown, 40, of Madison, is currently serving a four month probation sentence for substantial battery, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Brown was released from the Public Safety Building on Wednesday morning to attend New Beginnings at Bethel Church in Madison. He was scheduled to be back at 4:15 p.m. but did not return, sheriff's officials said.
Anyone with information on Brown's whereabouts is asked to call 911.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK