MADISON, Wis. - An inmate in the Dane County Jail has been declared absent without leave.
Gary Brown, 40, of Madison, is currently serving a four month probation sentence for substantial battery, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Brown was released from the Public Safety Building on Wednesday morning to attend New Beginnings at Bethel Church in Madison. He was scheduled to be back at 4:15 p.m. but did not return, sheriff's officials said.
Anyone with information on Brown's whereabouts is asked to call 911.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution