MADISON, Wis - Two Madison women were arrested Sunday morning after retail employees told deputies they were shoplifting.
According to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office, Akia C. Jones, 20, and Ratonda D. Holmes, 23, were arrested on retail theft charges after they were caught attempting to leave a Gander Mountain retail store in the town of Burke, without paying for merchandise.
Deputies approached the women as they were trying to leave and found stolen merchandise on them. According to the release, a search of the rented vehicle that Jones and Holmes were driving revealed the women had a large amount of merchandise from other stores that is presumed to be stolen.
Jones and Holmes were arrested in the retail theft. Holmes was also arrested on a charge of tampering with a security device and a probation violation.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution