MADISON, Wis - Two Madison women were arrested Sunday morning after retail employees told deputies they were shoplifting.
According to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office, Akia C. Jones, 20, and Ratonda D. Holmes, 23, were arrested on retail theft charges after they were caught attempting to leave a Gander Mountain retail store in the town of Burke, without paying for merchandise.
Deputies approached the women as they were trying to leave and found stolen merchandise on them. According to the release, a search of the rented vehicle that Jones and Holmes were driving revealed the women had a large amount of merchandise from other stores that is presumed to be stolen.
Jones and Holmes were arrested in the retail theft. Holmes was also arrested on a charge of tampering with a security device and a probation violation.
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two