Salud Garcia and Pam Kleiss watched their friends cross state lines to get married, but they always saw themselves saying “I do” in Wisconsin. “We pay taxes here. We've lived here for 10 years. We've been active in our church. We've been active in our community,” Garcia said. “We deserve to be treated the same as everyone else. We deserve to have the same rights as everyone else.” Garcia and Kleiss are one of eight couples challenging the state’s same-sex marriage laws.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000