RACINE, Wis. - When it comes to the sale of raw milk, even dairy farmers who drink their own raw product disagree over whether they and their peers should be allowed to sell it.
Raw milk advocates argue it tastes better and has more nutrients. But some in the dairy industry fear the sale of raw milk could damage the industry's reputation if there is an outbreak of an illness.
Farmers interviewed by the Journal Times have different views on the issue.
Some said they drank their own raw milk, but didn't leave it sitting out, unrefrigerated. They said that could pose problems, and the state can't monitor it properly.
Others said consumers should have a choice.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief