HASTINGS, Minn. - A father from Hastings has been charged after his 2-year-old son was found wandering on a busy street holding two bottles of hard lemonade.
Forty-two-year-old Robert Rassett is charged with child neglect and child endangerment, both gross misdemeanors. Rassett was released from jail Tuesday and has a June 24 hearing.
Hastings police say a couple from Prescott, Wis., found the toddler, without shoes or socks, in the middle of the road Sunday. Authorities say Rassett called police a couple hours later to report his son missing. Officers arrested Rassett after they arrived at his house, saying he was intoxicated and uncooperative.
The toddler was returned to his mother, who doesn't live with Rassett.
KMSP-TV reported police have no evidence the child consumed any of the alcohol he was holding.
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer