HASTINGS, Minn. - A father from Hastings has been charged after his 2-year-old son was found wandering on a busy street holding two bottles of hard lemonade.
Forty-two-year-old Robert Rassett is charged with child neglect and child endangerment, both gross misdemeanors. Rassett was released from jail Tuesday and has a June 24 hearing.
Hastings police say a couple from Prescott, Wis., found the toddler, without shoes or socks, in the middle of the road Sunday. Authorities say Rassett called police a couple hours later to report his son missing. Officers arrested Rassett after they arrived at his house, saying he was intoxicated and uncooperative.
The toddler was returned to his mother, who doesn't live with Rassett.
KMSP-TV reported police have no evidence the child consumed any of the alcohol he was holding.
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field