HASTINGS, Minn. - A father from Hastings has been charged after his 2-year-old son was found wandering on a busy street holding two bottles of hard lemonade.
Forty-two-year-old Robert Rassett is charged with child neglect and child endangerment, both gross misdemeanors. Rassett was released from jail Tuesday and has a June 24 hearing.
Hastings police say a couple from Prescott, Wis., found the toddler, without shoes or socks, in the middle of the road Sunday. Authorities say Rassett called police a couple hours later to report his son missing. Officers arrested Rassett after they arrived at his house, saying he was intoxicated and uncooperative.
The toddler was returned to his mother, who doesn't live with Rassett.
KMSP-TV reported police have no evidence the child consumed any of the alcohol he was holding.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need