RACINE, Wis. - A Racine County man faces a preliminary hearing next month on charges that he washed a child's mouth out with soap so vigorously that two of her teeth were knocked out.
A Journal Times of Racine report said 36-year-old Samuel R. Martin Jr. of Burlington is charged with felony child abuse. His preliminary hearing is Sept. 4.
The girl's mother told investigators her daughter was behaving poorly and had cursed at Martin on July 26. She said Martin grabbed a bar of soap to punish her for swearing.
The girl said she was in bed when Martin came into her room and shoved the soap in her mouth. She said two of her teeth were knocked out.
A message left with Martin's public defender Saturday was not immediately returned.
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water