JANESVILLE, Wis. - A search for a missing Janesville man Wednesday in the Rock River turned up empty.
Crews were searching for Jordan White, who disappeared three weeks ago.
Fire officials said cadaver dogs marked a few spots south of the Afton Road boat launch Tuesday and Wednesday morning, so they wanted to do a more thorough investigation of the area.
"We were in the water. The area that we were searching is roughly from 2 to 5 feet, so they were walking with their wet suits trying to feel their way around," Janesville Fire Chief Randy Banker said.
Banker said the high river and fast current made it difficult for investigators, and they didn't find anything in the water.
"With the wind today, with the dogs, that can affect the scent also," Banker said. "So it may not be as strong as it normally would be if there was a scent, so the wind and the rain also affect that too."
Officials ask anyone with information on White's disappearance to call the police at 608-757-2244.
- Consumer Reports: Is identity theft insurance worth it?
- Whitewater High School evacuated because of suspicious package
- PD: Someone opened fire on officers who responded to suspicious vehicle report
- 24-year-old Cuba City woman struck, killed pedestrian on Iowa road
- Woman struck, killed walking on highway, deputies say
- Country star Willie Nelson to perform in Madison in June