PORTAGE, Wis. - The Columbia County Sheriff's office has recovered the body of a missing 17-year-old who went missing Friday night.
The Columbia County Sheriff's Office said 17-year-old Thomas A. Biggs, of Beloit, was last seen in the Blackhawk Park area near Portage around 5 pm Friday.
Officials said crews searched by land, water and air for Biggs in the Blackhawk Park area and the Wisconsin River.
The Portage Fire Department, Wisconsin DNR, Wisconsin State Patrol and the Columbia County Volunteer Dive Team joined the Columbia County Sheriff's Office in the search.
The dive team located the body of Biggs in a pond across from the road where his family was camping. Officials say it appears he drowned and do not suspect foul play.
The investigation continues and an autopsy will be performed.
- Officials unable to confirm connection between Beaver Dam disturbances, Madison shooting
- Police seek identity of purse thief from surveillance photos
- Fire officials: Fatal apartment fire started by candle
- Judge denies request to stop hearing to remove Green Bay mayor
- Medical examiner IDs man who died in east Madison fire
- Report of vehicle in ditch leads to 8th-OWI arrest