PORTAGE, Wis. - The Columbia County Sheriff's office has recovered the body of a missing 17-year-old who went missing Friday night.
The Columbia County Sheriff's Office said 17-year-old Thomas A. Biggs, of Beloit, was last seen in the Blackhawk Park area near Portage around 5 pm Friday.
Officials said crews searched by land, water and air for Biggs in the Blackhawk Park area and the Wisconsin River.
The Portage Fire Department, Wisconsin DNR, Wisconsin State Patrol and the Columbia County Volunteer Dive Team joined the Columbia County Sheriff's Office in the search.
The dive team located the body of Biggs in a pond across from the road where his family was camping. Officials say it appears he drowned and do not suspect foul play.
The investigation continues and an autopsy will be performed.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes