FITCHBURG, Wis. - Crews broke ground on a Hy-Vee grocery store in Fitchburg on Wednesday.
It's located near Highway PD and Verona Road adjacent to two other grocery stores, at Super Target and Aldi.
The Iowa-based grocer is building an $18 million, 85,000-square-foot building that will employ 400 full- and part-time employees.
It will be the area's third Hy-Vee store.
"We buy local, we sell local. We'll carry local products, as many as we can find, and as many as we can get. So, we will be a partner in the community with you in Fitchburg, and we are very involved in the community and we run our operations from the communities in which we live," said Jeremy Gosch of Hy-Vee.
The Fitchburg store is set to open in fall 2013.
Hy-Vee will open a store currently under construction in Madison at Westgate Mall in the spring.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say