WAUKESHA, Wis. - A creditor says it would support the proposed sale of the shuttered Golden Guernsey Dairy in Waukesha.
But Accord Financial Inc. says its support depends on its secured claims totaling $7.9 million being paid from sale proceeds.
In a filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Accord Financial says it's owed the money under a loan and the purchase of account receivables.
Golden Guernsey closed in early January. The Los Angeles private equity firm that bought Golden Guernsey in 2011, OpenGate Capital, sought Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection in a Delaware court.
An Ohio company, Superior Dairy, has offered $5.5 million for the plant, but the offer rejects the labor contract that was in place.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://bit.ly/157lJpz) reports the bankruptcy trustee is accepting bids for the company through May 10.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people