WAUKESHA, Wis. - A creditor says it would support the proposed sale of the shuttered Golden Guernsey Dairy in Waukesha.
But Accord Financial Inc. says its support depends on its secured claims totaling $7.9 million being paid from sale proceeds.
In a filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Accord Financial says it's owed the money under a loan and the purchase of account receivables.
Golden Guernsey closed in early January. The Los Angeles private equity firm that bought Golden Guernsey in 2011, OpenGate Capital, sought Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection in a Delaware court.
An Ohio company, Superior Dairy, has offered $5.5 million for the plant, but the offer rejects the labor contract that was in place.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://bit.ly/157lJpz) reports the bankruptcy trustee is accepting bids for the company through May 10.
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death