WAUKESHA, Wis. - A creditor says it would support the proposed sale of the shuttered Golden Guernsey Dairy in Waukesha.
But Accord Financial Inc. says its support depends on its secured claims totaling $7.9 million being paid from sale proceeds.
In a filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Accord Financial says it's owed the money under a loan and the purchase of account receivables.
Golden Guernsey closed in early January. The Los Angeles private equity firm that bought Golden Guernsey in 2011, OpenGate Capital, sought Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection in a Delaware court.
An Ohio company, Superior Dairy, has offered $5.5 million for the plant, but the offer rejects the labor contract that was in place.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://bit.ly/157lJpz) reports the bankruptcy trustee is accepting bids for the company through May 10.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs