MADISON, Wis. - A local credit union will be holding a shredding event and food drive Saturday morning, according to a release.
The Dane County Credit Union will be sponsoring the event where personal documents will be confidentially destroyed and recycled for a non-perishable food donation, organizers said.
The event will be held from 8-10 a.m. at the Dane County Credit Union at 709 Struck Street in Madison.
Food donations will go to area food pantries through the Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin, according to the release.
Organizers are asking participants to only bring personal papers and to be as generous as possible with the food donations.
- Trump, Walker discuss dairy dispute in Wisconsin
- 6-year-old watching TV nearly struck by bullet, Madison police say
- Man injured in gunfire incident at Verona Road gas station
- Student stabbed, seriously wounded at Kenosha high school
- Sauk County man wins $53,000 lottery prize
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say