MADISON, Wis. - A local credit union will be holding a shredding event and food drive Saturday morning, according to a release.
The Dane County Credit Union will be sponsoring the event where personal documents will be confidentially destroyed and recycled for a non-perishable food donation, organizers said.
The event will be held from 8-10 a.m. at the Dane County Credit Union at 709 Struck Street in Madison.
Food donations will go to area food pantries through the Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin, according to the release.
Organizers are asking participants to only bring personal papers and to be as generous as possible with the food donations.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial