JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A traffic crash killed a 700-pound steer in Green County Tuesday evening, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to County Road K west of Brunkow Road in Jefferson Township for a report of a single-vehicle crash.
A steer was struck by a vehicle traveling west on County Road K and killed upon impact, according to deputies.
The driver, a 51-year-old Davis, Ill. woman, and two passengers were not injured. The vehicle had to be towed from the scene.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say