TREMPEALEAU COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - Three people have died in a two-vehicle crash on State Trunk Highway 95 at Sorlie Lane between Blair and Arcadia Monday at about 7:30 a.m., according to Trempealeau County Sheriff Richard Anderson.
The cause of the crash, which involved a SUV and a minivan, is under investigation.
The eastbound driver, and the only occupant, of the SUV was transported to Tri-County Hospital in Whitehall and was pronounced dead on arrival, Sheriff Anderson told News 8.
The driver of a minivan headed westbound on Highway 95 and one other passenger were pronounced dead at the scene. One passenger was airlifted by Medlink to a La Crosse hospital. A fourth passenger was transported to Tri-County Hospital in Whitehall. Their condition is not known at this time.
The names of the victims have not been released yet.
An accident reconstructionist from the Trempealeau County Sheriff's Office was also at the scene.
All lanes were blocked in both directions on Highway 95 until the scene was cleared at about 1 p.m. Traffic was rerouted to County Road N and County Road D for about four hours.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program