MADISON, Wis. - A crash that killed a Madison couple in Texas was caused by a truck driver who reached down to grab a chocolate bar, according to law enforcement.
Trooper Christopher Ray said the crash happened Tuesday on a rural two-lane highway.
A decision on charges for truck driver Dewayne Buck will be presented to the district attorney in Dumas, Texas.
Besides working at Madison College, Al was a civil rights leader, and with Janet, owned the Just Nails salon in Fitchburg. Their son is the Denver Broncos' running back coach, Eric Studesville.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes