TOMAH, Wis. - One person was injured when a semi-trailer rear-ended another semi-trailer on Interstate 94 near Tomah in Monroe County Sunday morning, according to a release.
Investigators said both semi-trailers were eastbound on Interstate 94 around 8:15 a.m. when the truck driven by Steven A. Flynn, 39, of Green Isle, Minn., rear-ended the truck driven by Frank Uzebor, 54, of Brampton, Ontario.
The crash caused a fire in the trailer of Uzebor's semi-trailer, officials said. The right lane of the interstate was closed for several hours while crews worked on separating the two trucks and cleaning up the scene.
Flynn was transported with non-life-threatening injuries to Tomah Memorial Hospital. Uzebor was not injured.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement