MADISON, Wis. - Three people were injured in a crash that closed Interstate 39/90/94 in Columbia County during a busy travel day at the end of the Labor Day holiday.
The Wisconsin State Patrol said the crash occurred in the westbound lanes near mile marker 109 at about 8:30 p.m.
According to a report, a truck driven by a 22-year-old man from Georgia was stopped in the right lane when a tractor-trailer driven by a 26-year-old man from Illinois struck the truck.
The driver of the truck and the semi were taken to Devine Savior Hospital in Portage. A passenger in the truck, a 50-year-old man from Georgia, was flown to UW Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
The highway was closed for nearly four hours and traffic was detoured.
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant