MADISON, Wis. - Three people were injured in a crash that closed Interstate 39/90/94 in Columbia County during a busy travel day at the end of the Labor Day holiday.
The Wisconsin State Patrol said the crash occurred in the westbound lanes near mile marker 109 at about 8:30 p.m.
According to a report, a truck driven by a 22-year-old man from Georgia was stopped in the right lane when a tractor-trailer driven by a 26-year-old man from Illinois struck the truck.
The driver of the truck and the semi were taken to Devine Savior Hospital in Portage. A passenger in the truck, a 50-year-old man from Georgia, was flown to UW Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
The highway was closed for nearly four hours and traffic was detoured.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow