STOUGHTON, Wis. - A multiple vehicle crash in the northbound lanes of Interstate 39/90 near Stoughton blocked both lanes Friday afternoon.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation said the crash is at mile marker 158 and occurred at 12:23 p.m.
A second crash was also reported near mile marker 169 near Janesville on I-39/90 south bound. The incident report said a semi truck was trying to turn in the crossover and crashed into a car going south bound on the interstate.
Dispatch said at about 3:20 p.m. that southbound were at a standstill, however, tow trucks had arrived at the scene and were working to clear the road.
DOT said both the incidents had cleared at about 4 p.m. Friday.
Northbound I-39/90 is subject to heavy traffic volumes Friday afternoons.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs