MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee County Courthouse was among those bustling with brides and grooms on this unique Wednesday.
At least 27 couples were getting married at the courthouse on the 12th day of the 12th month of 2012. There will be no excuses for forgetting their anniversary date.
The county clerk said about six couples normally get married at the Milwaukee County Courthouse on a typical Wednesday.
At the Brown County Courthouse, a Wednesday wedding is usual. But clerk Julio Garcia said five couples have signed up to tie the knot on 12-12-12.
The Dane County clerk issued marriage licenses to 20 couples Wednesday, who all said their wedding vows on 12/12/12.
Judge William Hanrahan presided over the marriage of Kermit Nyhus and Anne Friedli on Wednesday.17757632
"We were going to get married in the summer," Nyhus said. "And then 12/12, I said, 'It's the only time in our lifetime we'll ever see something like that again.'"
"It'll keep Kermit out of trouble," said Friedli, pointing out the convenience of an easy anniversary date to remember.
"At first they didn't really explain to me whether they wanted the ceremony to start at 12:12 on 12/12/12, or put the rings on at 12:12. So finally we decided to say 'I do' at 12:12 on 12/12/12," Hanrahan said.
The newlyweds plan to host a larger crowd of family and friends Saturday to celebrate their 12/12/12 milestone.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say