MADISON, Wis. - A couple woke to find a broken table, vomit and a naked woman in their living room Friday morning, according to Madison police.
Police were called to the home in the 1500 block of Adams Street at 6 a.m. after a man found a 22-year-old woman naked and asleep on the family's living room futon. Police said the woman's clothes were on the floor, the coffee table was broken and there was vomit all over the furniture.
The couple told police they might have forgotten to lock the door Thursday night.
The woman told police she might have had too much to drink while out with friends and she thought the home was her apartment.
Police took the woman to her home several blocks away and provided her with the contact information for the Adams Street family so she could reimburse them for damages.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land