WEST BEND, Wis. - A Wisconsin couple accused of stealing a pickup truck during a test drive last week are under arrest in Florida.
Authorities said the 39-year-old man and 24-year-old woman, both from Kewaskum, allegedly took a 2012 Dodge Ram for a spin with a salesman from a West Bend dealership last Wednesday.
When they reached Farmington, the man allegedly threatened the salesman with a knife and told him to get out. Authorities said the pair then stole gasoline and fled.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported the couple was caught Sunday in a Florida hotel. Deputies in Hillsborough County, Fla., also recovered the truck.
The couple will be extradited to Washington County.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend