WEST BEND, Wis. - A Wisconsin couple accused of stealing a pickup truck during a test drive last week are under arrest in Florida.
Authorities said the 39-year-old man and 24-year-old woman, both from Kewaskum, allegedly took a 2012 Dodge Ram for a spin with a salesman from a West Bend dealership last Wednesday.
When they reached Farmington, the man allegedly threatened the salesman with a knife and told him to get out. Authorities said the pair then stole gasoline and fled.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported the couple was caught Sunday in a Florida hotel. Deputies in Hillsborough County, Fla., also recovered the truck.
The couple will be extradited to Washington County.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms