MADISON, Wis. - The countdown to the start of the Affordable Care Act continues as Dane County leaders and public health officials took time Wednesday to explain how people can sign up for the federal exchanges.
They acknowledge there is a lot of information for the public to understand, but county officials said they're prepared to help and answer questions after Badger Care Plus changes are announced next week. Federal exchange enrollment starts Oct.1.
"We'll have 34 people answering phones. Access Community Health will have people at the job center to help answer questions. Our public health department will be doing outreach, particularly in neighborhoods and libraries to try to help people who don't have insurance who are under-insured now," said Dane County Executive Joe Parisi.
The county is urging current Badger Care Plus members with questions to call 1-888-794-5556. People who want more information on federal programs can call 1-800-318-2596.
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two