COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - Dane County dispatch said three people were sent to the hospital following a carbon monoxide leak at a fast food restaurant in Cottage Grove early Monday morning.
The incident happened just before 6 a.m. at the McDonald's in the 400 block of West Cottage Grove Road.
According to dispatch, the restaurant was evacuated after the carbon monoxide alarms went off inside.
Multiple ambulances were sent to the scene, and three people were taken to the hospital for observation, according to dispatch.
The restaurant remained closed Monday while workers tried to figure out what happened.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say