COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - Dane County dispatch said three people were sent to the hospital following a carbon monoxide leak at a fast food restaurant in Cottage Grove early Monday morning.
The incident happened just before 6 a.m. at the McDonald's in the 400 block of West Cottage Grove Road.
According to dispatch, the restaurant was evacuated after the carbon monoxide alarms went off inside.
Multiple ambulances were sent to the scene, and three people were taken to the hospital for observation, according to dispatch.
The restaurant remained closed Monday while workers tried to figure out what happened.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement