COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - Police said a man who crashed his truck early Saturday was intoxicated.
At about 12:44 a.m., Cottage Grove police, fire and EMS responded to the 2900 block of Hope Road, in the Town of Cottage Grove, for a single-vehicle crash, according to a report.
The driver, a 41-year-old Cottage Grove man, was the only occupant, authorities said. He was extracted from his truck by the fire department and airlifted to UW-Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
Police Chief Chris Hughes said in a statement that the driver failed to negotiate the curve in the road, striking a traffic sign and a tree.
Police arrested the driver on suspicion of first offense operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. Police said the department is awaiting results from the Wisconsin Hygiene Lab.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday