COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - Police said a man who crashed his truck early Saturday was intoxicated.
At about 12:44 a.m., Cottage Grove police, fire and EMS responded to the 2900 block of Hope Road, in the Town of Cottage Grove, for a single-vehicle crash, according to a report.
The driver, a 41-year-old Cottage Grove man, was the only occupant, authorities said. He was extracted from his truck by the fire department and airlifted to UW-Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
Police Chief Chris Hughes said in a statement that the driver failed to negotiate the curve in the road, striking a traffic sign and a tree.
Police arrested the driver on suspicion of first offense operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. Police said the department is awaiting results from the Wisconsin Hygiene Lab.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs