MADISON, Wis. - A suspected metal theft may cost a Park Street business more than $5,000 to replace the tubing and fix any damage, officials said.
Police responded to a metal theft in the 1800 block of South Park Street Aug. 12 around 8:40 a.m., according to a release.
A business representative for the establishment led officers to protective cage of several air conditions where damage had occurred, according to the release.
The copper tubing from inside of the air conditioning units had been taken, officials said. Estimates for replacing the tubing and fixing the damage were in excess of $5,000.
Police remind residents to pay close attention to any suspicious activity in and around their residence or immediate vicinity.Madison crime map
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees