MADISON, Wis. - West Gilman Street will be closed to through traffic Friday for contractors to pour concrete for the HUB Development, according to a release from the city of Madison.
The 400 block of West Gilman Street between University Avenue and State Street will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., officials said.
Two-way traffic from North Broom Street to residences and businesses on the east end of West Gilman Street will be permitted, according to the release. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on West Gilman Street to all residences and businesses at all times during the closure.
Officials encourage motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closure.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets