MADISON, Wis. - West Gilman Street will be closed to through traffic Friday for contractors to pour concrete for the HUB Development, according to a release from the city of Madison.
The 400 block of West Gilman Street between University Avenue and State Street will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., officials said.
Two-way traffic from North Broom Street to residences and businesses on the east end of West Gilman Street will be permitted, according to the release. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on West Gilman Street to all residences and businesses at all times during the closure.
Officials encourage motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closure.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire