MADISON, Wis. - West Gilman Street will be closed to through traffic Friday for contractors to pour concrete for the HUB Development, according to a release from the city of Madison.
The 400 block of West Gilman Street between University Avenue and State Street will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., officials said.
Two-way traffic from North Broom Street to residences and businesses on the east end of West Gilman Street will be permitted, according to the release. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on West Gilman Street to all residences and businesses at all times during the closure.
Officials encourage motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closure.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart