MADISON, Wis. - West Gilman Street between University Avenue and State Street will be closed Wednesday for construction work, according to a release.
City officials said contractors will be pouring concrete for the HUB Development from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
During the closure, two-way traffic from North Broom Street to residences and businesses on the east end of the 400 block of West Gilman Street will be allowed, officials said.
Pedestrian traffic will be open to all residences and businesses during the closure, according to the release.
Officials encourage motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closure.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral