MADISON, Wis. - West Gilman Street between University Avenue and State Street will be closed Wednesday for construction work, according to a release.
City officials said contractors will be pouring concrete for the HUB Development from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
During the closure, two-way traffic from North Broom Street to residences and businesses on the east end of the 400 block of West Gilman Street will be allowed, officials said.
Pedestrian traffic will be open to all residences and businesses during the closure, according to the release.
Officials encourage motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closure.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls