MADISON, Wis. - The intersection of Oakridge and Atwood avenues will be closed over the weekend for sewer work, according to a release.
Contractors will start sewer work on Friday at the intersection as part of the Oakridge Avenue resurfacing project, officials said. The project will close eastbound Atwood Avenue to through traffic.
The closure is scheduled from 9:30 a.m. on Friday until 7 a.m. on Monday, according to the release.
During the closure, eastbound Atwood Avenue traffic will be detoured north on Fair Oaks Avenue to Milwaukee Street, then east to Walter Street, and then south back to Atwood Avenue, officials said. Westbound Atwood Avenue will be down to one lane at Oakridge Avenue during the project.
Officials encourage drivers to use alternate routes to avoid delays.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need