MADISON, Wis. - The intersection of Oakridge and Atwood avenues will be closed over the weekend for sewer work, according to a release.
Contractors will start sewer work on Friday at the intersection as part of the Oakridge Avenue resurfacing project, officials said. The project will close eastbound Atwood Avenue to through traffic.
The closure is scheduled from 9:30 a.m. on Friday until 7 a.m. on Monday, according to the release.
During the closure, eastbound Atwood Avenue traffic will be detoured north on Fair Oaks Avenue to Milwaukee Street, then east to Walter Street, and then south back to Atwood Avenue, officials said. Westbound Atwood Avenue will be down to one lane at Oakridge Avenue during the project.
Officials encourage drivers to use alternate routes to avoid delays.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1