MADISON, Wis. - The intersection of Oakridge and Atwood avenues will be closed over the weekend for sewer work, according to a release.
Contractors will start sewer work on Friday at the intersection as part of the Oakridge Avenue resurfacing project, officials said. The project will close eastbound Atwood Avenue to through traffic.
The closure is scheduled from 9:30 a.m. on Friday until 7 a.m. on Monday, according to the release.
During the closure, eastbound Atwood Avenue traffic will be detoured north on Fair Oaks Avenue to Milwaukee Street, then east to Walter Street, and then south back to Atwood Avenue, officials said. Westbound Atwood Avenue will be down to one lane at Oakridge Avenue during the project.
Officials encourage drivers to use alternate routes to avoid delays.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns