MADISON, Wis. - The intersection of Oakridge and Atwood avenues will be closed over the weekend for sewer work, according to a release.
Contractors will start sewer work on Friday at the intersection as part of the Oakridge Avenue resurfacing project, officials said. The project will close eastbound Atwood Avenue to through traffic.
The closure is scheduled from 9:30 a.m. on Friday until 7 a.m. on Monday, according to the release.
During the closure, eastbound Atwood Avenue traffic will be detoured north on Fair Oaks Avenue to Milwaukee Street, then east to Walter Street, and then south back to Atwood Avenue, officials said. Westbound Atwood Avenue will be down to one lane at Oakridge Avenue during the project.
Officials encourage drivers to use alternate routes to avoid delays.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1