WAUNAKEE, Wis. - Construction that will close Main Street in Waunakee through September starts Monday.
Highway 19, Highway 113 and County Road Q in the village will be closed to through traffic and detoured, according to a Wisconsin Department of Transportation release. Access to businesses and residences in the work zone will remain open to local traffic.
The project includes building a roundabout at the intersection of Highway 19 and Century Avenue, improving pedestrian areas, adding traffic signals at Holiday Drive, adding left-turn lanes at Madison Street and updating the railroad crossing at South Street, according to the release.
The village of Waunakee will also replace the existing sidewalk, curb and gutter, add concrete paver stones from Fish Street to Madison Street, and will install new lighting from Holiday Drive to Division Street.
The estimated $3 million improvements to be completed by the state are scheduled for completion in early September, officials said.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire