MADISON, Wis. - A construction project just off of East Washington Avenue will close North Street through mid-October, according to a release.
Construction on North Street between East Washington Avenue and Commercial Avenue started Saturday, officials said. The project includes new asphalt pavement, concrete curb and gutter, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water mains and driveway aprons.
During construction North Street will be closed to through-traffic, but East Johnson Street at North Street will stay open to traffic, according to the release. During off-peak hours, traffic on East Johnson Street will have to cross North Street under the direction of flaggers.
The reconstruction project is expected to be completed by mid-October.
Metro Transit will have several routes detoured off of North Street during the construction, officials said. All businesses in the area will remain open, and pedestrian access to all businesses will be maintained.
- Officers target seat belt use over holiday weekend
- Man sentenced for 13th drunken driving conviction
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- Pina and Braun leave Brewers-Diamondbacks game
- Trump budget upsets families hit by opioid addiction crisis
- Hundreds sign student-led petition to change Madison high school name