MADISON, Wis. - A construction project just off of East Washington Avenue will close North Street through mid-October, according to a release.
Construction on North Street between East Washington Avenue and Commercial Avenue started Saturday, officials said. The project includes new asphalt pavement, concrete curb and gutter, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water mains and driveway aprons.
During construction North Street will be closed to through-traffic, but East Johnson Street at North Street will stay open to traffic, according to the release. During off-peak hours, traffic on East Johnson Street will have to cross North Street under the direction of flaggers.
The reconstruction project is expected to be completed by mid-October.
Metro Transit will have several routes detoured off of North Street during the construction, officials said. All businesses in the area will remain open, and pedestrian access to all businesses will be maintained.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK