MADISON, Wis. - Despite construction signs alleging "Zombies ahead," University of Wisconsin police insisted Monday there are none on campus.
UW Police Department spokesperson Marc Lovicott, it appears a construction sign near a city construction project near Highland Avenue was hacked to read, "Zombies ahead," eliciting several calls to the department.
"I promise you there are no zombies on campus," Lovicott said.
He added another sign about half a mile away appeared to be hacked Sunday.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs