MADISON, Wis. - Despite construction signs alleging "Zombies ahead," University of Wisconsin police insisted Monday there are none on campus.
UW Police Department spokesperson Marc Lovicott, it appears a construction sign near a city construction project near Highland Avenue was hacked to read, "Zombies ahead," eliciting several calls to the department.
"I promise you there are no zombies on campus," Lovicott said.
He added another sign about half a mile away appeared to be hacked Sunday.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound