MADISON, Wis. - Construction work on the Yahara River bridges is expected to cause traffic delays on the Beltline Highway for the coming weeks.
Delays started Monday morning, when eastbound and westbound traffic lanes were restricted and moved to accommodate the work.
Two minor crashes in the eastbound lanes near the bridge caused further delays Monday morning.
Delays are expected during peak travel times.
The South Towne ramp to the eastbound Beltline and the Monona Drive ramp to the westbound Beltline are closed through August. Traffic is detoured along Broadway Street for both ramp closures.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns