MADISON, Wis. - Construction work on the Yahara River bridges is expected to cause traffic delays on the Beltline Highway for the coming weeks.
Delays started Monday morning, when eastbound and westbound traffic lanes were restricted and moved to accommodate the work.
Two minor crashes in the eastbound lanes near the bridge caused further delays Monday morning.
Delays are expected during peak travel times.
The South Towne ramp to the eastbound Beltline and the Monona Drive ramp to the westbound Beltline are closed through August. Traffic is detoured along Broadway Street for both ramp closures.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash