MADISON, Wis. - A construction accident resulted in the severing of fiber optic lines on Madison's west side, causing outages for some TDS Telecommunications customers.
An announcement on the company's Facebook before noon on Friday said the accident occurred near the intersection of the Beltline and Gammon Road in Madison and the repair could take several hours. Customers in Verona, New Glarus, Monroe, Monticello, Juda and Albany are affected.
The company said it's working to find alternate routes for services ahead of the completion of the repair work.
Numerous TDS customer services are affected.
Customers were told they do not need to call to report outages.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns