MADISON, Wis. - A construction accident resulted in the severing of fiber optic lines on Madison's west side, causing outages for some TDS Telecommunications customers.
An announcement on the company's Facebook before noon on Friday said the accident occurred near the intersection of the Beltline and Gammon Road in Madison and the repair could take several hours. Customers in Verona, New Glarus, Monroe, Monticello, Juda and Albany are affected.
The company said it's working to find alternate routes for services ahead of the completion of the repair work.
Numerous TDS customer services are affected.
Customers were told they do not need to call to report outages.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion