MADISON, Wis. - One of the nation's most popular consignment sales is returning to Madison this weekend.
Just Between Friends was established in Madison eight years ago.
The sale features gently-used items essential for raising a child, from infant equipment to clothing.
For mother of four, Elizabeth Slager, this is an opportunity to stretch her dollar.
"[Just Between Friends has] puzzles for my baby, toys, books. I mean, just fractions of the price -- $2, $3, $4 for things that are $10 to $20 new," Slager said.
Slager said it's important to shop for bargains, because raising kids is expensive.
"In addition to all the day-to-day expenses, you know, you're trying to save for college, and you want to let them play sports," Slager said. "All of those costs add up."
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the cost of raising a child over the course of 18 years costs nearly $250,000.
With 200 consigners, the sale features over 80,000 gently used items.
For some consigners, the sale supplements their income.
"We have consigners that bring anywhere from 100 items to several consigners that bring close to 5,000," said Teri Anderson, organizer of Just Between Friends.
Just Between Friends is Saturday at the Alliant Energy Center.
- DHS: Wisconsinites hit hard by flu bug this year
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. now in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations