MADISON, Wis. - One of the nation's most popular consignment sales is returning to Madison this weekend.
Just Between Friends was established in Madison eight years ago.
The sale features gently-used items essential for raising a child, from infant equipment to clothing.
For mother of four, Elizabeth Slager, this is an opportunity to stretch her dollar.
"[Just Between Friends has] puzzles for my baby, toys, books. I mean, just fractions of the price -- $2, $3, $4 for things that are $10 to $20 new," Slager said.
Slager said it's important to shop for bargains, because raising kids is expensive.
"In addition to all the day-to-day expenses, you know, you're trying to save for college, and you want to let them play sports," Slager said. "All of those costs add up."
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the cost of raising a child over the course of 18 years costs nearly $250,000.
With 200 consigners, the sale features over 80,000 gently used items.
For some consigners, the sale supplements their income.
"We have consigners that bring anywhere from 100 items to several consigners that bring close to 5,000," said Teri Anderson, organizer of Just Between Friends.
Just Between Friends is Saturday at the Alliant Energy Center.
- Dane County deputies shut down Bratfest carnival
- Police investigate bomb threat at Madison library
- Extra Janesville officers on patrol for 'Click It or Ticket' enforcement
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash