MADISON, Wis. - A concerned citizen tipped off Madison police about three teens allegedly trying to steal from cars on Madison's near east side early Sunday morning.
Police said the concerned citizen called after seeing three teens with flashlights entering unlocked parked cars in the 3500 block of Cherry Street around 1:40 a.m.
MPD officers found a 15-year-old inside a car in the 3700 block of Brigham Avenue, according to the release. The teen took off running, but the officer was able to catch him.
A backpack containing stolen items was found behind a Brigham Avenue home, officials said.
The 15-year-old was arrested on a tentative charge of theft from a motor vehicle.
Police are working to identify his two accomplices.Madison crime map
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers