MADISON, Wis. - Thanksgiving is just a couple weeks away and the need for help at local pantries continues.
The Goodman Community Center is collecting items for baskets to feed 2,500 families. One in nine children in Dane County often does not know where their next meal is coming from.
The pantry needs everything from turkeys to pumpkin pie mix, canned vegetables and cranberry sauce.
Anyone able to help can drop off donations at the Goodman Community Center on Waubesa Street from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Extended hours start next week with donations being accepted in the gym Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers