MADISON, Wis. - Thanksgiving is just a couple weeks away and the need for help at local pantries continues.
The Goodman Community Center is collecting items for baskets to feed 2,500 families. One in nine children in Dane County often does not know where their next meal is coming from.
The pantry needs everything from turkeys to pumpkin pie mix, canned vegetables and cranberry sauce.
Anyone able to help can drop off donations at the Goodman Community Center on Waubesa Street from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Extended hours start next week with donations being accepted in the gym Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes