MADISON, Wis. - Thanksgiving is just a couple weeks away and the need for help at local pantries continues.
The Goodman Community Center is collecting items for baskets to feed 2,500 families. One in nine children in Dane County often does not know where their next meal is coming from.
The pantry needs everything from turkeys to pumpkin pie mix, canned vegetables and cranberry sauce.
Anyone able to help can drop off donations at the Goodman Community Center on Waubesa Street from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Extended hours start next week with donations being accepted in the gym Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer