FENNIMORE, Wis. - Two communities came together Monday night at a girls high school basketball game to remember the life of a Lancaster teen.
Fennimore's girls basketball team dedicated its game against Lancaster to Makayla Hore, the 15-year-old girl who died in a car crash two months ago today.
Four other teens were injured in the crash on Liberty Ridge Road between County Road E and Hill Road in Liberty Township the afternoon of Nov. 21.
The schools are strong rivals in sports, but that didn't stop them from coming together to honor Hore.
"We thought it was really important in our small communities that we need to stick together. So we thought of this idea, and it's been awesome, and everyone in Lancaster and Fennimore has been really supportive," said Kassidy Kohout, Fennimore student council president.Communities come together to remember Lancaster teen
Fennimore's student council hosted a raffle and other fundraisers at the game.
The proceeds will go to the police departments that first responded to the crash.
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle