FENNIMORE, Wis. - Two communities came together Monday night at a girls high school basketball game to remember the life of a Lancaster teen.
Fennimore's girls basketball team dedicated its game against Lancaster to Makayla Hore, the 15-year-old girl who died in a car crash two months ago today.
Four other teens were injured in the crash on Liberty Ridge Road between County Road E and Hill Road in Liberty Township the afternoon of Nov. 21.
The schools are strong rivals in sports, but that didn't stop them from coming together to honor Hore.
"We thought it was really important in our small communities that we need to stick together. So we thought of this idea, and it's been awesome, and everyone in Lancaster and Fennimore has been really supportive," said Kassidy Kohout, Fennimore student council president.Communities come together to remember Lancaster teen
Fennimore's student council hosted a raffle and other fundraisers at the game.
The proceeds will go to the police departments that first responded to the crash.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns